Ubiquiti Rocket M High Power (2.4GHz) ROCKETM2
The Rocket enclosure is built to survive harsh environments and fits the Rocket mount built into every airMAX antenna. Pair the Rocket with the appropriate antenna for your PtP link or PtMP network.
- UBNT RocketM2 - 2.4GHz High Power AirMax Access Point: Rocket M2 is a rugged, high-power, very linear 2x2 MIMO radio with enhanced receiver performance. It features incredible range performance and breakthrough speed (150+Mbps real TCP/IP).
- Rocket M2 combines the "brains" in one robust unit; it can be paired with your choice of AirMax BaseStation or Rocket Antennas. This versatility gives network architects unparalleled flexibility and convenience.
- Integrated AirMax Technology: Unlike standard WiFi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) AirMax protocol allows each client to send & receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller. This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions & maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, & scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
- Passive PoE: Using PoE technology allows to transmit data stream and power / energy through the ethernet cable which integrates the Rocket M2 to your network environment. There is no need to to install any extra wired power cord. A 24V, 1A PoE Injector is included.
- AirOS V: Version 5 of Ubiquiti's AirOS builds upon the market leading intuitive user-interface loaded with advanced wireless configurations and routing functionality.
- Rocket M2 and AirMax Antenna: Rocket M2 and AirMax BaseStation/Rocket Antennas have been designed to seamlessly work together. Installing Rocket M on AirMax BaseStation/Rocket Antennas requires no special tools, you simply snap it into place with the mount provided with the antennas.
The RocketM2 2.4 GHz 2x2 MIMO airMAX BaseStation from Ubiquiti Networks features a mix-and-match industrial design, that supports speeds of up to 150+ Mb/s real TCP/IP throughput. It is suitable for deployment in Point-to-Point (PtP) bridging or Point-to-MultiPoint (PtMP) airMAX applications. You have the freedom to locate, deploy, and operate the Rocket in this unlicensed band. Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
The 2.4 GHz frequency band is free to use, however, it is crowded due to interference from other wireless devices. Also, there are only three non-overlapping, 20 MHz channels available for use. The Rocket enclosure is built to survive harsh environments and fits the Rocket mount built into every airMAX antenna. You can pair the rocket with the appropriate antenna for your PtP link or PtMP network.
- Enclosure Characteristics: Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic
- Processor: MIPS 24Kc
- Memory: 128 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash
- Networking Interface: (1) 10/100 Mbps
- RF Connections: (2) RP-SMA (Waterproof)
- LEDs: Power, Ethernet, (4) Signal Strength
- Max. Power Consumption: 6.5W
- Power Supply: 24V, 1A PoE Adapter
- Power Method: Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)
- ESD/EMP Protection: +/- 24KV Air / Contact
- Operating Temperature: -30 to 75 Deg C (-22 to 167 Deg F)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% Noncondensing
- Metal Strap
- PoE Adapter (24V, 1A)
- Power Cord
- Quick Start Guide